Skip to content
CCPEDIAby Unity Nodes
Discussions/App Development/Application Interoperability Through Token StandardForum ↗

Application Interoperability Through Token Standard

App Development3 posts69 views1 likesLast activity Aug 2026
AU
austinOP
Aug 2026

Hi,

I was exploring the token standard and application interoperability and I came across a question/thought that I had. Given I have a holding that was created in a different application that adheres to the holding token standard, is it possible for me to then convert that holding into a holding within my application if my holding also conforms to the token standard? Or would I essentially have to use the token standard view to create my holding then archive the other one via the token standard contractId?

Thanks,

Austin

CO
Colin
Aug 2026

It is possible to work with multiple types of contracts that have the Holding interface. But probably not possible to convert one of them into becoming another type of Holding because the additional data they carry (beyond what’s needed for the implementation of Holding) may be totally different.

You could potentially burn one and create the other, though nothing would guarantee that this is reversible.

AU
austin
Aug 2026 1

I came to a similar conclusion when I was doing some testing, it seems like burn and create would be the only way to bring a holding from another application into my application. My thought would be to potentially make use of the metadata type from the token standard to store any other fields that were on the original holding to help make it reversible

← Back to Discussions